For Opening Shift, he / she are responsible to ensure all opening procedures are done perfectly to ensure business operation on that day will run smoothly.
For Closing Shift, he / she are responsible to ensure all closing procedures are done perfectly to ensure business operation on the following day will not face any difficulty.
A Shift Supervisor’s kitchen, alert and detail skills could determine whether his / her operation shift will success or fail. Therefore, it is important to choose a Shift Supervisor among those who are committed, discipline, alert, team player, detail, independence and influential.
A Shift Supervisor must always:
- Be at outlet during working hours; unless with proper reason.
- Be the first person to arrive at the restaurant during opening; and the last person to leave the restaurant after closing.
- Share information and update about restaurant operation with Manager.
- Understand how a Teh Tarik Place restaurant operation / system work.
- Ensure all food & beverage preparation & servings are according to manuals.
- Master 5 stations’ skills: Cook, Hot Plate, Barista, Cashier & Server.
- Be on standby and capable to replace any staff at any stations; if needed.
- Understand all stations staffs’ tasks; and able to remind staff to perform those tasks.
- Able to do documentation preparation.
- Aware / answerable to all matters happening in the restaurant.
- Forbid giving away free food to anyone.
- Stop outsiders from going into back-of-house area at all time; unless with proper reason.
- Ensure no alcohol / drug / non-halal products in kitchen or restaurant areas.
- Ensure all staffs wear complete uniform set properly during operation hours.