Server is an important staff in Teh Tarik Place outlet business since he / she will be:
- The first person to greet customers at outlet entrance; and usher them to dining tables.
- The first person to present customers with menus and explain about food & drinks.
- The first person to remind other stations / staffs that customers haven’t received food & drinks.
- The first person to receive customer’s complaint (if any).
- The first person to thanks customers for payment.
- The first person to invite customers to come again in future.
Therefore, having a friendly, presentable, hygienic, discipline, honest, and charming Cashier could affect the customers’ dining mood; thus increase potential sales to be generated from each customer.
A Server must always:
- Immediately inform Manager / Supervisor of any issue.
- Avoid bringing alcohol / non-halal products in kitchen or restaurant areas.
- Stand; and avoid sitting down with customers during working hours.
- Avoid taking a break without permission by Manager / Supervisor.
- Serving customers with complete uniform.
- Avoid raise voice / scold / angry with customers.
- Avoid requesting tips from customers. If customer leaves tips, hand it over to Manager / Supervisor.
- Always explain menus correctly to customers. Refer to Manager / Supervisor if uncertain on promotions / other matters.
- Always repeat customers’ orders before confirming for kitchen instruction.
- Always ask customers whether they have received all ordered items before asking for payments.